Thursday 28 June 2012

this or that thursday 28.6.12

I've been working on clearing out the 'pond' a bit this week...
When my pump needs to be cleaned more often than usual 
I know it is time to go in and dredge...
Even though it is one of those little backyard types it can get pretty slimy!
The nice thing about a little pond is that I can stand in the middle and use my hands.
When I got out there I realized that the lilies are beginning to bloom!

So
of course
I had to get a picture!



I have also been working on another project.
My mother has a rocking chair that belonged to her Great Grandmother. 
It has been sitting unused because the cloth seat and supportive webbing has disintegrated.
Mom doesn't want it refinished but would like to be able to sit in it
so I brought it home to see if I could renew the webbing and find a nice cushion for it.

Just after I brought it home a friend posted a photo on Pinterest
(you know, that addictive site, right?)
and I loved the concept so much that I presented the idea to Mom and she loved it!

She took it a step further and asked me to use my late father's belts 
as a sort of memory project of my Dad and her Great Grandma.

Yesterday I began to put it together and it is coming together quite nicely, I think.

It required more belts than Dad had so I added a few that I...ahem...have outgrown
and though it isn't quite finished, just to be sure she still liked the idea,
 I sent her this photo to see what she thinks...



What do you think???


Why not pop over and see all the wonderful photos
and especially Deb's shots of horseback riding into Bryce Canyon!




5 comments:

  1. Love the chair! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! What a wonderful idea and you are creating it so well ~thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I love your lily - it's so pretty.
    What a great idea for the rocking chair - so original. I'm sure you mum will love the finished chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea those belts in the chair! And beautiful flower photo!

    ReplyDelete