Monday 11 June 2012

macro monday 11.6.12

Wedding plans are starting to eat into my blogging time
but I am still getting out for snap some shots fairly regularly...
This weekend I was thrilled that one of my favourite bushes have bloomed! 

Philadelphus coronarius is the fancy name
I always knew it as Mock Orange growing up with one outside my bedroom window.
I remember my mother making a corsage for my Grade 8 graduation with the flowers!

I was so excited when I realized I had not one, but three on the property 
when I bought this house four years ago...
For days now, despite some rather nasty thunderstorms, 
their most delightful scent has filled the air inside and out!

Posting this shot to Macro Monday
then heading back to make more wedding invitations!

Have a day!



Pop over and see some of the other amazing entries...
especially Lisa's awesome captures of a swallowtail butterfly!



MM3



4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! My mom has a mock orange bush and it does smell heavenly!! Also, wanted to let you know I love header! Beautiful bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Reminds me of the one my grandmother had, right in the middle of her garden. It was always full of humming bees, and it smelled like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful memory of these flowers to have, Janet, and these photographs are just beautiful.
    Sending you wishes for a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's excellent! I'm glad it held up through the thunderstorms, they lok so delicate.

    ReplyDelete