Friday 4 May 2012

favourite book - photo art friday


All my life my favourite book has been Winnie the Pooh...
no joking!
Even as an adult I turned to the wisdom of Pooh, 
Christopher Robin and A.A. Milne in times of turmoil...

It was read to me by my parents, from my father's childhood book. 
The book was published in 1925 but my father wasn't born until 1929, 
which leads me to believe that it was a second hand book at the time.
My parents gave me the book when my son was born and I read it to my children.
 I even decorated my son's nursery with Winnie the Pooh wallpaper and bedding...
all of this was well before Walt Disney reintroduced the character we now know as Winnie the Pooh...

I still have that book at my bedside to this day.
The illustrations show just how the original Pooh looked...



























There is a quote from Winnie the Pooh that I absolutely love.
It reminds me of my parents, as I heard them express similar sentiments to each other
throughout my life.

So, for Photo Art Friday I used Bonnie's Blank Page texture from Pixel Dust Photo Art 
together with a photograph of my parents taken 2 years ago, at their 60th anniversary celebration 
and added the beloved quote.


. . . . .

Photo Art Friday

7 comments:

  1. that is just BEAUTIFUL! what a wonderful photo and a quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely this is. Your folks look so sweet together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So touching! Your copy of Winnie the Pooh looks so worn and well-loved. Thank you for sharing this piece of photo art with P.A.F., Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching. Beautiful image of your parents and such wonderful sentiments. I have always loved the quote, too. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents still have the copy of Winnie the Pooh with the same illustrations as yours. I've always loved the stories and I love the quote you've used here.

    ReplyDelete