Sunday 19 August 2012

snapshot & a song

I am pretty excited about joining in on LeAnne's 

I LOVE music and photography 
so it seems like an awesome idea to me!

My father worked in the music business
all of my life and I grew up
with musicians showing up at the house for dinner,
entertaining at my parent's parties, and when I became older,
going to work with my Dad and helping at events.

There are photos of my Dad
sitting at the piano with Nat King Cole,
laughing with Les Paul & Mary Ford
in conversation with The Kingston Trio
and singing along with Peter, Paul and Mary...
He would sneak me in to press conferences with the likes of
Herb Alpert, The Beatles, The Supremes and countless others...
Oh I am definitely giving my age away here!!

But I digress...
Suffice it to say that I am looking forward to LeAnne's Snapshot & a Song
becoming a regular part of my blogging!

This week I chose a song by a Canadian Artist that I grew up listening to.

Joni Mitchell
is one of the most highly regarded and influential songwriters of the 20th century...
She has won Grammy awards from 1969 through to 2007 including
a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2002

She wrote the song we all associate with Woodstock!
But that isn't my Song for this week...

I suspect many would be familiar with the song I have chosen for my "snapshot"
(oh oh...I couldn't decide on one snapshot so I made a collage...hope that isn't cheating)

Can you guess the song?



Both Sides Now

Bows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way

But now it's just another show
You leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away

I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way

Oh but now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost but something's gained
In living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From WIN and LOSE and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all


That was fun!!

Thanks to LeAnne for hosting!!


Janet xo


Why not head on over to Photos by LeAnne and join in!

photosbyleanne

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in! So glad to meet someone with so many similar interests! Love Joni Mitchell and this is my favorite of hers. Looking forward to more music and photo sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete